with homeopathy and other tools...
STRESS DOES NOT EXIST...
"STRESS is really just a name we use to explain how we feel when we don't know how to deal with a problem, or if we find ourselves (apparently) powerless in a situation."
This is a deliberately provocative statement to make you stop and think about stress. Stress does not exist as such but is a state in which we find ourselves. These short notes will hopefully help you to look at 'Stress' differently and will allow you to begin to take control of your life.
There are lots of different levels or factors which contribute to 'Stress'. These include:
- Hereditary Factors (i.e. you may come from a family of 'worriers')
- Learned/Habitual/Behavioural patterns in response to problems
- "Drivers"- ways of thinking that make us behave in certain ways
- Being told to hurry-up
- Worrying about being perfect
- Worrying about pleasing others
These are mostly learned from parents and school teachers etc. and they become unconscious ways of behaving, rather like 'muzac' playing in the background.
Next page: Getting to the root of the problem